[R-pkg-devel] Cannot find source of devtool::check() warnings in R code

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Thu Dec 9 17:16:21 CET 2021

On 09.12.2021 17:10, Steve Gutreuter wrote:
> I am getting the following warnings from devtools:check():
>
> W  checking whether package ‘screenr’ can be installed (4.8s)
>     Found the following significant warnings:
>       Warning: replacing previous import ‘pROC::cov’ by ‘stats::cov’
> when loading ‘screenr’
>       Warning: replacing previous import ‘pROC::var’ by ‘stats::var’
> when loading ‘screenr’
>       Warning: replacing previous import ‘pROC::smooth’ by
> ‘stats::smooth’ when loading ‘screenr’
>     See ‘/tmp/RtmppuzDGj/screenr.Rcheck/00install.out’ for details.

You import from NAMESPACEs pROC and stats, both offering functions of
the same name. That means you should only import selectively from these
NAMESPACEs what you need.

Best,
Uwe Ligges