[R-pkg-devel] Cannot find source of devtool::check() warnings in R code

Steve Gutreuter @gutreuter @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Dec 9 17:10:36 CET 2021

I am getting the following warnings from devtools:check():

W  checking whether package ‘screenr’ can be installed (4.8s)
    Found the following significant warnings:
      Warning: replacing previous import ‘pROC::cov’ by ‘stats::cov’
when loading ‘screenr’
      Warning: replacing previous import ‘pROC::var’ by ‘stats::var’
when loading ‘screenr’
      Warning: replacing previous import ‘pROC::smooth’ by
‘stats::smooth’ when loading ‘screenr’
    See ‘/tmp/RtmppuzDGj/screenr.Rcheck/00install.out’ for details.

The 00install.out file does not inform me about where, in my R code,
those warnings were triggered.  I have searched my code for instances of
*cov, *var and *smooth and found nothing.  I suspect that the warnings
are coming from functions from the stats package.

Any hints about how to trace those warnings or, better yet, overcome
them will me much appreciated

--
Steve Gutreuter