[R-pkg-devel] Using \donttest with R >= 4.0.0

Guido Schwarzer @c @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Tue Nov 16 20:56:12 CET 2021

Am 16.11.21 um 20:16 schrieb Martin Ondrus:

> Hi Duncan,
>
> That's a fair point, and I think making the examples run quicker probably
> makes the most sense. I have bad experiences with using dontrun - my
> package always gets flagged. Although not ideal, it's probably better to
> include some very fast running examples rather than none at all. Appreciate
> your advice/help!

I have been using dontrun for a long time (and I am still using it)
without any real issues. Initially, I used it to get rid of runtime
notes impeding submission to CRAN. Now I am also using it for additional
features, e.g., to describe some additional analyses / figure layouts.

I always check my packages under R-devel on
https://win-builder.r-project.org/ before submission to CRAN. If this
does not trigger any notes, the package is good to go.

Best, Guido