[R-pkg-devel] Package name convention: archived package

Grün, Bettina bett|n@@gruen @end|ng |rom wu@@c@@t
Mon Nov 1 08:51:58 CET 2021

Hi Sigbert,

the CRAN Repository Policy available at

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html

contains

Packages should be named in a way that does not conflict (irrespective of
case) with any current or past CRAN package (the Archive area can be
consulted), nor any current Bioconductor package. Package maintainers give
the right to use that package name to CRAN when they submit, so the CRAN
team may orphan a package and allow another maintainer to take it over.

HTH,
Bettina