[R-pkg-devel] Package name convention: archived package

Sigbert Klinke @|gbert @end|ng |rom w|w|@hu-ber||n@de
Mon Nov 1 07:47:08 CET 2021

Hi,

I wanted to submit a package to CRAN. When I ran R CMD check --as-cran I
saw that the package name is used by another package. After renaming my
package I googled the new name and it turned out that an archived
package has the same name. So I renamed my package the second time.

Question: Could I have used the name of the archived package? Especially
since we do in both packages something similar?

Best Sigbert

--
https://hu.berlin/sk
https://www.stat.de/faqs