[R-pkg-devel] What influences the size of the rdb file in a package

Sat Oct 30 02:21:46 CEST 2021

On 29/10/2021 4:23 p.m., Gábor Csárdi wrote:
> You probably (accidentally?) put some large object into your package,
> e.g. a non-function object. But it is hard to say more without seeing
> the actual code....

Yes.  To track it down, you need to understand that an INSTALL executes
everything in the .R files, and saves every object that was created. In
a simple package, that's just a bunch of functions, but in more
complicated situations, you may have created some objects in order to
build functions, even though you don't need them:  but unless you remove
them, it's very easy to have them included too.

Duncan Murdoch