[R-pkg-devel] LaTeX issues on r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT?

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Sep 21 17:50:40 CEST 2021

Dear Stephan,

On 9/21/21 3:31 PM, Stephan Struckmann wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> lately, an error and two warnings occurred for our package dataquieR on the platform r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT (https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_dataquieR.html).
>
> Unfortunately, error messages/warnings are likely related to the test system’s configuration/setup:
>
>    - Missing file /msys64/home/tomas/ucrt3/svn/ucrt3/r_packages/patches_idx.rds

thanks for the report. This is due to a problem that prevented building
the patch index (so yes, the test system), I've fixed it earlier today
and new results should appear in about a day.

>    - "LaTeX errors“ without further specification, rather unspecific.
>
> I have now re-built this environment as close as I could according to the platform description and given my infrastructure. In this setup, I had a missing font in the end in my test installation.
>
> After I had applied this: https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/129523 (setup configuration for the font ts1-zi4r), the pdf could be created. The warning about missing patches_idx.rds, I could not reproduce, but this may be less relevant anyway.

Thanks, I will try this out when the current run finishes, if the LaTeX
error still appears.

The machine uses the latest MiKTeX (21.8), which crashes e.g. when
running "texify --version segfaults". I've reported this (and it may
well be an error that has been reported before -
https://github.com/MiKTeX/miktex/issues/921). I will have a look in the
logs when the new results appear, it may be related.

> The setup, I used (hopefully close to r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT) was
>
>    - Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC, 10.0.17763 Build 17763
>    - R 4.2.0 Pre Release UCRT3 downloaded today from r-project.org as the only R installation
>    - Rtools 4.0.2.0.1 downloaded today from r-project.org as the only Rtools installation
>    - For TeX, I installed MiKTeX 21.6 as the only TeX installation.
>    - all binaries were put on the PATH environment variable
>
> ——
>
> Now my question: Is this related to CRAN’s r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT and can that be fixed there? Whom should I contact at CRAN?

In principle, you can always write to the CRAN address and your email
will be forwarded to the right person. Currently I am running these checks.

Best
Tomas