[R-pkg-devel] system.file duplicates the path

brodie gaslam brod|e@g@@|@m @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Sun Sep 5 23:05:31 CEST 2021

Fabio,

Judging from prior versions of your package, the function `tile_read`
makes many assumptions as to what paths will look like, and also
modifies paths.  In this case, it appears to be thrown off by either
the lower case drive name, or the forward slashes in the path.  Presumably
winbuilder is now running in a configuration that does different things
with paths.

Under those new paths, your code will double up the path by pre-pending
the current working directory.  This is not a `system.file` issue.

I just took the second part of (grabbed from the error message):

'd:/RCompile/CRANincoming/R-devel/uFTIR.Rcheck/d:/RCompile/CRANincoming/R-devel/lib/uFTIR/extdata/tile.bsp'

and fed it to your function from the prior version of your package
and was able to produce a doubled up path as above.

Best,

B.

PS: with this type of thing it is always helpful if you can provide a
link to an online repository with the version of the code that you
are trying to submit.