[R-pkg-devel] CRAN submission with warnings

Mon Jul 26 22:15:27 CEST 2021

On 26/07/2021 3:34 p.m., Kent Johnson wrote:
> Thanks, Duncan,
>
> I did consult with Dirk about the warnings. The #pragma in Boost headers
> which disables those warnings is not allowed in a CRAN submission, so he
> removed the #pragma, enabling the warnings >
> I see that Boost does call std::abort in its error handling. I don't
> think I can do anything about that...

If you look at the BH page on CRAN, there are a ton of "reverse linking
to" packages, i.e. packages that are doing something like what you do.
It would be worth looking at a few of those that don't generate those
warnings (e.g. abcADM, ACEt, etc.) to see if they're using the same
parts of Boost as you're using, and have found a way to avoid the warnings.

Duncan Murdoch