[R-pkg-devel] package submission NOTE : Found no calls to: ‘R_registerRoutines’, ‘R_useDynamicSymbols’

Ronan GRIOT ron@n@gr|ot @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jul 15 11:39:27 CEST 2021

 Dear R developpers,
I submitted my package on the CRAN and had this NOTE :

Found no calls to: ‘R_registerRoutines’, ‘R_useDynamicSymbols’

In my package, called APIS, I wrote 4 .c functions all included in one file
: APIS.c

To avoid that NOTE message, I ran the command
tools::package_native_routine_registration_skeleton("."), copy the output
and paste it in a mypackage_init.c file.
Here is the output of the function :

#include <stdlib.h> // for NULL
#include <R_ext/Rdynload.h>

/* FIXME:
   Check these declarations against the C/Fortran source code.
*/

/* .C calls */
extern void get_individual_mendelian_probability_2n(void *, void *, void *,
void *, void *, void *, void *, void *, void *, void *);
extern void get_individual_mendelian_probability_3n(void *, void *, void *,
void *, void *, void *, void *, void *, void *, void *);
extern void get_mendelian_probability_2n(void *, void *, void *, void *,
void *, void *, void *, void *, void *, void *, void *);
extern void get_mendelian_probability_3n(void *, void *, void *, void *,
void *, void *, void *, void *, void *, void *, void *);

static const R_CMethodDef CEntries[] = {
    {"get_individual_mendelian_probability_2n", (DL_FUNC)
&get_individual_mendelian_probability_2n, 10},
    {"get_individual_mendelian_probability_3n", (DL_FUNC)
&get_individual_mendelian_probability_3n, 10},
    {"get_mendelian_probability_2n",            (DL_FUNC)
&get_mendelian_probability_2n,            11},
    {"get_mendelian_probability_3n",            (DL_FUNC)
&get_mendelian_probability_3n,            11},
    {NULL, NULL, 0}
};

void R_init_APIS(DllInfo *dll)
{
    R_registerRoutines(dll, CEntries, NULL, NULL, NULL);
    R_useDynamicSymbols(dll, FALSE);
}

----------
then, I changed all the @useDynLib APIS by @useDynLib APIS, .registration =
TRUE as recommended in
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42313373/r-cmd-check-note-found-no-calls-to-r-registerroutines-r-usedynamicsymbols

On my computer, it solved the problem and I do not have the NOTE message
anymore. However, during the CRAN submission process, I had this NOTE
message twice.
I do not know how to fix this as I cannot get the NOTE message on my
computer.

Regards,
Ronan