[R-pkg-devel] package test returns error when R version 4.1.0

Gianmarco Alberti g|@nm@rco@|bert| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jul 5 23:12:40 CEST 2021

Hello,
Thank you all for the suggestions.

I am starting being a bit worried because I seem not being able to fix the issue.

I have never experienced issues with this package (movecost);
the last new version I have released to CRAN was released a couple of weeks ago with no issue whatsoever.

The new version I am trying to get on CRAN has just one difference: the ‘chorn’ package has been added to the dependencies.
Now, I have tried to drop that new dependency, and I have run the tests. Same result.
The test using devtools::check_win_release() and devtools::check_win_devel() both return 1 error (lazy loading failed for package ‘movecost’)

The test using devtools::check_win_oldrelease() is OK.

I also tried to keep the new dependency and to drop the lazy download instead (in DESCRIPTION I have put LazyData: false). I got the same results as above.

The package checks perfectly on my MAC, and checked perfectly when I asked a Win users to test the package on his PC (with the latest version of R).

I am really scratching my head.

Best
Gm

Dr Gianmarco Alberti (PhD Udine)
Lecturer in Spatial Forensics
Coordinator of the BA dissertations
Department of Criminology
Faculty for Social Wellbeing
Room 332, Humanities B (FEMA)
University of Malta, Msida, Malta (Europe) - MSD 2080
tel +356 2340 3718

Academic profiles
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gianmarco_Alberti4
https://malta.academia.edu/GianmarcoAlberti