[R-pkg-devel] Change package maintainer

Thu Jul 1 21:11:05 CEST 2021

On 1 July 2021 at 20:00, Lluís Revilla wrote:
| I have a question related to changing maintainers.
| What happens when the old/current maintainer does not respond to
| emails or other methods of contact?
| Would the new maintainer need to wait until the package is removed
| from CRAN to submit it again?

Not speaking for CRAN here but my understanding always was that a full and
complete 'email handshake' with both old and new maintainer was strongly
preferred / the default simply to prevent misunderstandings or shenanigans.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org