[R-pkg-devel] uninformative CRAN check error for r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT

Rossum, Bart-Jan van b@rt-j@n@v@nro@@um @end|ng |rom wur@n|
Tue Jun 15 16:02:08 CEST 2021

Dear all,

A few days ago I updated the statgenHTP package.
After doing so I got an error for the check r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT that I don't know how to deal with:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_statgenHTP.html

The error looks very generic to me and doesn't really point me to what is the actual issue here:
checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
LaTeX errors found:
checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... ERROR
Re-running with no redirection of stdout/stderr.

Note that there are issues with ATLAS and MKL as well, but those are independent from the error on r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT and I can easily fix them.

Can anyone point me in a direction of what is happening here or how to replicate this problem.

Thanks,
Bart-Jan