[R-pkg-devel] Suggesting gurobi

Sat Jun 5 01:47:13 CEST 2021

On 4 June 2021 at 16:21, Balasubramanian Narasimhan wrote:
| Suggests" would trigger an attempt to install gurobi, which is not on CRAN.

To my understanding that is not the case. It would only do so if and when
install.packages() is asked to also install packages in Suggests:. And point
of Suggests: is that that is not automagic.

I actually Suggests, together with Additional_Repositories: (for which Noah
may have to set the repo up, I have not checked if gurobi has one) may be the
correct call.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org