[R-pkg-devel] Question about preventing CRAN package archival

Thu Jun 3 09:23:59 CEST 2021

... but you went ahead and did it anyway.

MIT software can be absorbed by GPL2 software, but not vice versa since MIT allows the code to be further incorporated into and distributed as non-free software, a permission not granted by GPL2.

I am opposed to people snarfing GPL2 code up for their non-free software tarpits, and transferring GPL2 code to MIT without the GPL2 author explicitly re-releasing as MIT would allow that.