[R-pkg-devel] Finding dependencies (Was: problem with submitting to CRAN (windows))

Wed Jun 2 13:08:50 CEST 2021

On 02/06/2021 6:57 a.m., Hugh Parsonage wrote:
> mvSLOUCH <--- TreeSim <-- phytools <-- gtools
>
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 at 20:35, Krzysztof Bartoszek <krzbar using protonmail.ch> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you. The only problem, as I wrote, is that neither my package, mvSLOUCH, nor any package that mvSLOUCH imports from depends on gtools.
>> In particular nowhere in mvSLOUCH do I use any call to anything from gtools nor to any function called combinations.

Hugh, could you describe how you found this dependency chain?  This sort
of problem comes up now and then, and I've always used a slow manual
search.  It would be nice to know if there's an automatic way to answer
the question

"Why does package xxx appear to require yyy?"