[R-pkg-devel] New version of 'evlust' package no longer passes incoming checks after ony very minor change

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Thu May 27 10:15:37 CEST 2021

On Thu, 27 May 2021 at 04:54, Thierry Denoeux <thierry.denoeux using utc.fr> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Two weeks ago, I successfully uploaded version 2.01 of package ‘evclust’ on the CRAN website. Earlier this week I received a message telling me that a problem had been detected in the Linux-based checks for r-devel. The error message was:
>
> > print(opt$par,opt$value)
>     Error in print.default(opt$par, opt$value) : invalid printing digits 0
>     Calls: print -> print.default
>     Execution halted
>
> It was easily fixed by replacing the faulty instruction 'print(opt$par,opt$value)’ by ‘print(c(opt$par,opt$value))’. This is the only change I made in the code. After resubmitting the new version 2.02, I now have a completely different error:
>
> ---
> Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
> Check: package dependencies, Result: NOTE
>  Package suggested but not available for checking: 'kernlab'
>
> Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
> Check: whether package can be installed, Result: ERROR
>  Installation failed.
>  See 'd:/RCompile/CRANincoming/R-devel/evclust.Rcheck/00install.out' for details.
> ---
>
> The file ‘00install.out' contains this:
>
>> * installing *source* package 'evclust' ...
> ** using staged installation
> ** R
> ** data
> *** moving datasets to lazyload DB
> ** inst
> ** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
> Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :
>   there is no package called 'Rcpp'
> Calls: <Anonymous> ... loadNamespace -> withRestarts -> withOneRestart -> doWithOneRestart
> Execution halted
> ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'evclust'
> * removing 'd:/RCompile/CRANincoming/R-devel/lib/evclust’
>>
> Why is package ‘kernalb’ no longer available for checking? Is this the cause of the error?

Errors about missing packages that you see on CRAN are temporary
problems due to an inconsistent state in some builder, not your fault.
I assume you received this in an automated message. Just reply
pointing to the problem and asking for a re-check.

> And what is that package ‘Rcpp’ mentioned in the ‘00install.out’ file ? (there is no mention of such package in my code).

Same issue here. This time, you import plyr, plyr imports Rcpp.

Iñaki

> I don’t have a clue how I could fix this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thierry

> Prof. Thierry Denoeux
> Université de technologie de Compiègne