[R-pkg-devel] New version of 'evlust' package no longer passes incoming checks after ony very minor change

Thierry Denoeux th|erry@denoeux @end|ng |rom utc@|r
Thu May 27 04:53:28 CEST 2021

Dear all,

Two weeks ago, I successfully uploaded version 2.01 of package ‘evclust’ on the CRAN website. Earlier this week I received a message telling me that a problem had been detected in the Linux-based checks for r-devel. The error message was:

> print(opt$par,opt$value)
    Error in print.default(opt$par, opt$value) : invalid printing digits 0
    Calls: print -> print.default
    Execution halted

It was easily fixed by replacing the faulty instruction 'print(opt$par,opt$value)’ by ‘print(c(opt$par,opt$value))’. This is the only change I made in the code. After resubmitting the new version 2.02, I now have a completely different error:

---
Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: package dependencies, Result: NOTE
 Package suggested but not available for checking: 'kernlab'

Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: whether package can be installed, Result: ERROR
 Installation failed.
 See 'd:/RCompile/CRANincoming/R-devel/evclust.Rcheck/00install.out' for details.
---

The file ‘00install.out' contains this:

—
* installing *source* package 'evclust' ...
** using staged installation
** R
** data
*** moving datasets to lazyload DB
** inst
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :
  there is no package called 'Rcpp'
Calls: <Anonymous> ... loadNamespace -> withRestarts -> withOneRestart -> doWithOneRestart
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'evclust'
* removing 'd:/RCompile/CRANincoming/R-devel/lib/evclust’
—

Why is package ‘kernalb’ no longer available for checking? Is this the cause of the error? And what is that package ‘Rcpp’ mentioned in the ‘00install.out’ file ? (there is no mention of such package in my code).

I don’t have a clue how I could fix this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Thierry

Prof. Thierry Denoeux
Université de technologie de Compiègne