[R-pkg-devel] Old version of rtracklayer on a single check server

Dalgleish, James (NIH/NCI) [F] j@me@@d@|g|e|@h @end|ng |rom n|h@gov
Tue May 18 13:33:27 CEST 2021

To any who might have an idea:

I've been reading several posts in the digest about dependency version issues on the check servers and I'm having my own issue, which I can't solve because I can't upgrade the check server's package version:
* installing *source* package 'CNVScope' ...
** using staged installation
** R
** data
*** moving datasets to lazyload DB
** inst
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
Warning: multiple methods tables found for 'export'
Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :
  namespace 'rtracklayer' 1.48.0 is already loaded, but >= 1.51.5 is required
Calls: <Anonymous> ... namespaceImportFrom -> asNamespace -> loadNamespace
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'CNVScope'
* removing 'd:/RCompile/CRANguest/R-devel/lib/CNVScope'

These errors tend to be check server dependent (only occurs on r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64<https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_flavors.html#r-devel-windows-ix86_x86_64>) and I'm just trying to make the small change to closeAllConnections() that was asked earlier of maintainers by Kurt Hornik and the CRAN team, but I can't because of this old package version on the devel check server, which has the same error:
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/CNVScope_3.5.7_20210518_062953/Windows/00check.log
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/CNVScope_3.5.7_20210518_062953/Windows/00install.out

Is there any way around this? I notice the maintainer of the 'gtsummary' package had a similar issue:

"> I am trying to make a release that depends on gt v0.3.0, but I get an error

> when I test the package on Windows Dev `devtools::check_win_devel()` that

> the gt package is available but it's an unsuitable version.  Does anyone

> know why the gt v0.3.0 is unavailable?"

I'm open to any suggestions, but can't see a way around this issue from my end without the ability to service the check server.

Thanks,
James Dalgleish
Cancer Genetics Branch,
Center for Cancer Research,