[R-pkg-devel] Large data package

Sun May 2 14:44:10 CEST 2021

On 2 May 2021 at 10:12, Ayala Hernandez, Rafael wrote:
| Following Dirk's suggestion below, I have recently added a data package as a drat repository for my asteRisk package, placing it under Suggests in the main package.
| In order to keep the code tidy and know exactly when I’m accessing the data in the data package, I access all the data in the data package as asteRiskData:::Item

Why would that be 'tidy'?

Just use two colons as usual for things exported from your data package, and
export everythng that your code package uses from it. The ':::' idiom is not
to be used across package, ie don;t use in package B to access content from
A. Which is what R CMD check is telling your here: "don't do this".

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org