[R-pkg-devel] Build fails on R-devel due to Bioconductor version mismatch

Dominik Rafacz dom|n|kr@|@cz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 26 14:29:10 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I am the maintainer of the deepdep package. It has recently been archived
on CRAN because I did not have time to make the necessary corrections. Now
the package passes most tests and builds on most configurations, however
there is a problem on r-devel.

I'm attaching logs from builds on R-release (successful) and R-devel
(failed) from R-hub.

Here is repository of my package on GitHub:
https://github.com/DominikRafacz/deepdep

My package uses BiocManager to get a list of packages available on the
Bioconductor repository. However, the log indicates that calling the
BiocManager::available() function results in an error related to the R
version being too new for the Bioconductor version. I'm guessing this is
related to the test environment configuration, which I have no control over
(have I?).

Is there any way to resolve the versioning issue? Or should I apply version
checking to the tests and examples in my package and catch errors if
unavailable?

With regards,
Dominik Rafacz