[R-pkg-devel] winUCRT failures

Sun Apr 25 17:14:16 CEST 2021

On 25/04/2021 8:49 a.m., Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> The current CRAN release of rgl fails on winUCRT because of missing
> dependencies:
>
> 'htmlwidgets', 'htmltools', 'knitr', 'jsonlite', 'shiny', 'magrittr',
> 'crosstalk', 'manipulateWidget'.
>
> Tracing `htmlwidgets` shows it also fails because of missing dependencies:
>
> 'htmltools', 'jsonlite', 'yaml'
>
> and 'htmltools' fails because of missing dependencies
>
> 'digest', 'base64enc', 'rlang'
>
> but 'digest' only gets a warning (congratulations, Dirk!), 'base64enc'
> gets a NOTE (hurray Simon!).  'rlang' is failing a test because of a
> missing suggested dependency on 'glue'.  At that point I stopped searching.
>
> Does anyone have a list of packages that actually need fixes?  I'd like
> to help those maintainers with the necessary updates.

I still haven't found any of the packages at the very root of this
cascade of errors, but I've submitted patches to rlang, glue, and
magrittr that should allow them to have less severe check issues even if
some of their suggested dependencies are missing.

What I haven't tried to do is check any of them if *none* of the
suggested packages is available.  Packages should still build and check
without ERRORs in this case, though I'd expect NOTEs and/or WARNINGs.

This is an old issue:  what packages should be present during CRAN
checks?  Currently CRAN tries to check with everything present; perhaps
it should also try to check with the minimal set.