[R-pkg-devel] Package fails to build on CRAN Windows server: rtracklayer version too new

Tim Stuart t@tu@rt @end|ng |rom nygenome@org
Fri Apr 23 19:17:41 CEST 2021

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for your explanation, that does indeed make sense. I will try
to track down the bioc package dependency that's setting the explicit
rtracklayer version dependency and go from there...

The fact that Bioconductor allows packages to be released without
successfully building on Windows does create some interesting
downstream issues for CRAN packages with bioc dependencies, and raises
a larger question for me about whether I should really host this
package on CRAN or if I should try to move it to Bioconductor.

Anyway, thanks again for your help (also I'm a big fan of your future package)

Cheers,
Tim