[R-pkg-devel] Package gcc-ASAN issue

J. Antonio Guzmán Q. @ntguz06 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Apr 16 17:35:25 CEST 2021

Hello,

We publish in CRAN our package rTLS [1]. The package passed the test
without problems. However, at some point, additional testing suggests that
it has issues with 'gcc-ASAN' [2]. For me this error is not informative,
and thus, I do not have an idea how to start. I have been looking for
guides or help on the web and unsure of this issue's reason or meaning. It
is not clear to me what to do based on Writing R Extensions in section
4.3.3.

When I see the log files [2], the issue seems to be located in a specific
function. However, not sure why this is in a specific function since the
based code is also shared with other functions.

Can you guide me or help me with this? I know that my message is not so
informative, but I do not know how to start to ask about this issue or
reproduce the error. Here is the code development repository for this
package [3].

Antonio,

[1]
https://cran-archive.r-project.org/web/checks/2021/2021-03-30_check_results_rTLS.html