[R-pkg-devel] rtracklayer installation problems

Wed Apr 7 12:12:33 CEST 2021

On 07/04/2021 4:49 a.m., rosario.avolio using unina.it wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I hope this is the right e-mail I should have used; this is the first time
> that I ask for help with R!
>
> Yesterday, I installed the devel version of R (4.1) as I need to use a
> package (RiboDiPa) which only works for this version.
>
> The package requires, among the others, the package "rtracklayer". Since
> yesterday I am struggling trying to install rtracklayer for devel version
> without success.
>
> Below you can find the final message I got before the installation stops.
> Any idea of what might be the reason why I cannot install rtracklayer?
>

> ucsc/udc.c:46:10: fatal error: sys/mman.h: No such file or directory
>
> #include <sys/mman.h>
>
>            ^~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> compilation terminated.
>
> make: *** [Makevars.win:16: ucsc/udc.o] Error 1
>
> ERROR: compilation failed for package 'rtracklayer'
>
> * removing 'C:/Users/Rosario/Documents/R/win-library/4.1/rtracklayer'
>

> If you need any other information please, do not hesitate to ask.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help!

rtracklayer is a Bioconductor package, so you're probably better off
asking on their support site https://support.bioconductor.org/.  When
you do, please show the command you used for the install; it's possible
a simple change there will fix things.