[R-pkg-devel] rtracklayer installation problems

ros@rio@@voiio m@iii@g oii u@i@@@it ros@rio@@voiio m@iii@g oii u@i@@@it
Wed Apr 7 10:49:03 CEST 2021

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right e-mail I should have used; this is the first time
that I ask for help with R!

Yesterday, I installed the devel version of R (4.1) as I need to use a
package (RiboDiPa) which only works for this version.

The package requires, among the others, the package "rtracklayer". Since
yesterday I am struggling trying to install rtracklayer for devel version
without success.

Below you can find the final message I got before the installation stops.
Any idea of what might be the reason why I cannot install rtracklayer?

ucsc/udc.c:46:10: fatal error: sys/mman.h: No such file or directory

#include <sys/mman.h>

          ^~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

make: *** [Makevars.win:16: ucsc/udc.o] Error 1

ERROR: compilation failed for package 'rtracklayer'

* removing 'C:/Users/Rosario/Documents/R/win-library/4.1/rtracklayer'

If you need any other information please, do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best,

Rosario

Rosario Avolio, PhD

Researcher

Department of Molecular Medicine and Medical Biotechnology

Via Pansini, 5

19/A Building

80131 Napoli, Italy

email:  <mailto:rosario.avolio using unina.it> rosario.avolio using unina.it

phone: +39 081 746 31 39