[R-pkg-devel] how to address CRAN FAIL on r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT?

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Fri Apr 2 22:08:19 CEST 2021

On 4/2/21 4:05 AM, Daniel Kelley wrote:
> The "oce" package for oceanographic analysis is failing a check on the r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT system (see
> https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT/oce-00check.html). The problem seems to relate to the checking vignette outputs.
>
> According to https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/winutf8/ucrt3/CRAN/checks/gcc10-UCRT/README.txt, that test setup is experimental.  Does that mean that I ought to I ignore the FAIL status for this machine, perhaps checking it once in a while to see if it changes?
Hello Daniel;

I'm not speaking for CRAN. I'm another maintainer whose current status
page has a FAIL for that platform. But the FAIL notation is due at least
in part to the fact that apparently the UCRT platform is less frequently
run on the full CRAN package holdings. The note refers to a package that
was updated a few days ago. The log file however has two other reports
of failure relating to compiler warnings.

All the other platforms passed the newer versions. There is no mention
of the UCRT platform at the CRAN Policies page:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html

I'm waiting to see whether the aging fortran code generates warnings
whenever the UCRT platform gets fired up again.

--

David Winsemius

maintainer (but neither author or contributor) of "muhaz"