[R-pkg-devel] how to address CRAN FAIL on r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT?

Daniel Kelley D@n@Ke||ey @end|ng |rom D@|@C@
Fri Apr 2 13:05:52 CEST 2021

The "oce" package for oceanographic analysis is failing a check on the r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT system (see
https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT/oce-00check.html). The problem seems to relate to the checking vignette outputs.

According to https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/winutf8/ucrt3/CRAN/checks/gcc10-UCRT/README.txt, that test setup is experimental.  Does that mean that I ought to I ignore the FAIL status for this machine, perhaps checking it once in a while to see if it changes?

Alternatively, if I am advised to fix the problem, I wonder whether there a way for me to run tests with rhub, winbuilder, or something similar?  (I do not have access to a windows machine.)

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Dan Kelley, Dept. Oceanography, Dalhousie University, Canada