[R-pkg-devel] Warning for failed attempt to rebuild the vignette of the previous version of a package

Thierry Denoeux th|erry@denoeux @end|ng |rom utc@|r
Thu Mar 4 14:56:49 CET 2021

Hi,

I am trying to submit a revised version of a package to CRAN and for the second time it does not pass the incoming checks. I can’t figure out why.

The new version is numbered 2.0.0, the previous one was 1.1.0.

- The Windows report gives me one note:

* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
Maintainer: 'Thierry Denoeux <tdenoeux using utc.fr <mailto:tdenoeux using utc.fr>>'

Possibly mis-spelled words in DESCRIPTION:
  BPEC (15:41)
  Bootclus (14:77)
  CEVCLUS (13:41)
  NN (16:7)
These are just acronyms that can be easily removed. I don’t think it motivated the rejection.

- The Debian report has the same note and the following warning:

Current CRAN status: WARN: 1, OK: 11
See: <https://CRAN.R-project.org/web/checks/check_results_evclust.html <https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_evclust.html>>

Version: 1.1.0
Check: re-building of vignette outputs, Result: WARNING
  Error(s) in re-building vignettes:
  --- re-building ‘Introduction.Rmd’ using rmarkdown
  Quitting from lines 112-113 (Introduction.Rmd)
  Error: processing vignette 'Introduction.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
  argument is of length zero
  --- failed re-building ‘Introduction.Rmd’

  SUMMARY: processing the following file failed:
    ‘Introduction.Rmd’

  Error: Vignette re-building failed.
  Execution halted
I don’t understand why the system is trying to rebuild the vignette of the previous version. It was built using Markdown, but in the new version I completely rewrote it using Sweave. The new vignette was rebuilt successfully, and there is no trace of the old vignette (the file ‘Introduction.Rmd’) in the new version.

Thanks for any tips.

Best regards,

Thierry Denoeux

Prof. Thierry Denoeux