[R-pkg-devel] Unicode errors when building a package

Max Turgeon M@x@Turgeon @end|ng |rom um@n|tob@@c@
Wed Feb 17 20:14:31 CET 2021

Hi Ibon,

It looks like you have a couple non-ASCII characters in your documentation files. You can find which ones by running the command showNonASCIIfile in the tools package.

To address these warnings, you have two options:

  1.  Replace these non-ASCII characters with similar/equivalent ASCII ones.
  2.  Specify the encoding for the doc files; see this section of WRE: https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Encoding

Best,

Max Turgeon
________________________________
From: R-package-devel <r-package-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Ibon Tamayo <itamuria using gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 11:13 AM
To: r-package-devel using r-project.org <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [R-pkg-devel] Unicode errors when building a package

Caution: This message was sent from outside the University of Manitoba.

Dear all,

I am trying to fix all the error of my package. Most of them I know how to
solve them. But there are some errors related with unicode that I don't
know how to fix.

Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: PDF version of manual, Result: WARNING
  LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
  This typically indicates Rd problems.
  LaTeX errors found:
  ! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char ̂ (U+302)
  (inputenc)                not set up for use with LaTeX.

  See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
  Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
  ! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char τ (U+3C4)
  (inputenc)                not set up for use with LaTeX.

  See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
  Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
  ! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char τ (U+3C4)
  (inputenc)                not set up for use with LaTeX.

Any help will be appreciated,
All the best,
Ibon