[R-pkg-devel] Testing on old R versions

Thu Jan 28 22:50:19 CET 2021

Thanks Dirk, Neal and Nathan.  I ended up going with Dirk's suggestion.

So far I haven't got it to work in 3.2.0; I probably won't put much
effort into supporting that old version.  But it's fine in 3.4.0 and
3.5.0, and I'm trying 3.3.0 now.  Rocker rocks!

P.S. rgl now installs in the basic r-base container, without adding
additional libs.  This is due to some config checks that let it run on a
barebones machine:  it can still produce WebGL output for a browser, it
just can't show it on screen.

Duncan Murdoch