[R-pkg-devel] Solaris x68 and C++17

Florian Rupprecht ||oruppr @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jan 19 17:45:49 CET 2021

Hello,

the CRAN checks show an error for my newly released package 'httpgd' with
'r-patched-solaris-x86':

Error: C++17 standard requested but CXX17 is not defined

It seems like 'rcppsimdjson' had the same problem (
https://github.com/eddelbuettel/rcppsimdjson/issues/7) and worked around it
by disabling some functionality with compiler flags.

I don't really know what the error means for the CRAN package. Will it be
removed if it is not fixed? The R extension documentation states that C++17
is supported since R 3.4.0, and I do have R >= 4.0.0 as well as C++17
specified in the DESCRIPTION file.
Or is there some way to indicate that Solaris is not supported? (I doubt I
will ever have users running it.)

Thank you for your help,
Florian