[R-pkg-devel] how to deal with error warning that 'adegenet' (an existing package) does not exist, an error that does not occur on the win-builder?

Kindt, Roeland (ICRAF) R@KINDT @end|ng |rom CGIAR@ORG
Sun Jan 17 07:23:38 CET 2021

Dear all,

When submitting the new package AlleleShift (ftp://cran.r-project.org/incoming/archive/AlleleShift_0.9.tar.gz), the following error message is returned, stating that the adegenet package does not exist (Debian: <https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/AlleleShift_0.9_20210117_061039/Debian/00check.log>

* checking data for non-ASCII characters ... WARNING
  Error loading dataset 'Poptri.genind':
   Error in .requirePackage(package) :
    unable to find required package 'adegenet'

This error message is puzzling to me:

  1.  The Adegenet package does exist: https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_adegenet.html (updated on 2021-01-17 06:46:42 CET)

  1.  I do not get any such error warning when checking via the win-builder, checked again this morning

* R version

  3.6.3:

  https://win-builder.r-project.org/zlFmYb8K93eh/00check.log)

*

  R version 4.0.3:

  https://win-builder.r-project.org/xhlrty9E1Mea/00check.log

*

  R Under development (unstable) (2021-01-13 r79826):

  https://win-builder.r-project.org/Zq5VoF8PD3vb/00check.log

Hence I would welcome any suggestion of how the adegenet error message can be avoided.

Best - stay safe,

Roeland

Roeland KINDT, dr. ir.

senior scientist - ecology