[R-pkg-devel] checking for detritus in the temp directory ... NOTE 'RtmpvRaBK1_copy'

Thu Jan 14 16:28:51 CET 2021

On 14/01/2021 10:22 a.m., Joseph Thorley wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I’m getting the following Note for CRAN r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
> * checking for detritus in the temp directory ... NOTE
> Found the following files/directories:
>    ‘RtmpvRaBK1_copy’
>   but not on R-hub or any of of the other versions/operating systems tested:
>
> 	• OSX (local) - release
> 	• OSX (actions) - release
> 	• Ubuntu (actions) - 3.6, oldrel, release and devel
> 	• Windows (actions) - release
> 	• Windows (winbuilder) - devel
>

> The package is https://github.com/poissonconsulting/sims
>
> The file names in other posts discussing similar issues are different in structure suggesting different mechanisms
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/r-package-devel@r-project.org/msg06089.html
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62456137/r-cran-check-detritus-in-temp-directory
>
> Any help on how to debug appreciated

I did a search for "_copy" on your Github source, and I see a dir
containing that being created in a test (but apparently removed
afterwards), and also being created in the sims.Rmd vignette without
being removed (though a file in the directory is removed).

No idea why you see the NOTE only on some platforms.

Duncan Murdoch