[R-pkg-devel] GitHub actions incantation for package living in a subdirectory?

Bryce Mecum petr|d|@h @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Dec 24 06:57:44 CET 2020

Hi Ben,

I took a look at the action you've got set up for your repo and I think the
core issues are that some steps in your Action should be run with the root
as their working directory, others should have the package root (subfolder)
as their working directory, and some arguments to steps need to be tweaked
to respect this layout.

I tested this out in a fork of your repo and have sent in a pull request
[1] with my changes. I'll note that check does run but fails with various
issues that look legitimate and not related to GitHub Actions. Hopefully
you find it a useful starting point.

[1] https://github.com/glmmTMB/glmmTMB/pull/656