[R-pkg-devel] Accessing features in R4.0.

Colin Gillespie c@g|||e@p|e @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Dec 16 17:28:15 CET 2020

Hi,

I'm planning on using the tools::R_user_dir function in a package. But
for obvious reasons, I don't want to set the dependency on R 4.

My code is basically

if (as.numeric(R.version$major) < 4) # do something
else tools::R_user_dir("oysteR", which = "cache")

When checking on win-builder R3.6 I get the note

* checking dependencies in R code ... NOTE
Missing or unexported object: 'tools::R_user_dir'

## Question

Is my code correct and can I ignore this note?

Thanks

Colin

Dr Colin Gillespie
http://www.mas.ncl.ac.uk/~ncsg3/