[R-pkg-devel] C++11 requirements for package dependencies

Mon Nov 30 22:17:55 CET 2020

On 30/11/2020 11:54 a.m., Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 30/11/2020 11:31 a.m., Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
>>
>> On 30 November 2020 at 11:27, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>> | I think that C++11 isn't a requirement of RcppArmadillo, it's an option
>>
>> It is as of the 10.* series of Armadillo and hence RcppArmadillo 0.10.*
>
> I was going to complain that you should include SystemRequirements:
> C++11, but on reading more closely, your Makevars.in specifies this in a
> different way.  So I guess the issue is with the Github Actions setup,
> which didn't spot the requirement.
>
> Sorry for the noise...

I think the remotes::system_requirements() function is used in setting
up the Github Action files; it doesn't appear to recognize the need of
RcppArmadillo for C++11.  I've posted this as an issue on Github.
Hopefully I'm not wrong about this too...