[R-pkg-devel] help interpreting a response from CRAN

Sun Nov 22 19:44:47 CET 2020

   My submission from auto-check, and I'm not sure why because Windows and Debian checks both list "OK" and there are no unresolved problems on the CRAN status ...

   My current guess is that the problem is with the too-long check time on Windows (NOTE: "Overall checktime 18 min > 10 min")

  I guess I have to get busy setting more tests and examples to skip-on-CRAN (kind of a pain as there's no low-hanging fruit - other than the 'testthat' tests, none of the individual test files take longer than 15sec, although this is doubled because they have to be run on 386 and x64 ...)

  An alternative is that this is a confusingly worded message indicating that there are strong rev dependencies so the package needs to be further checked? (That seems unlikely as it explicitly asks me to resubmit)

   Can anyone confirm/support those guesses?

   cheers
     Ben Bolker

=====
Dear maintainer,

package lme4_1.1-26.tar.gz does not pass the incoming checks automatically, please see the following pre-tests:
Windows:<https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/lme4_1.1-26_20201122_184744/Windows/00check.log>

Last released version's CRAN status: NOTE: 7, OK: 5
See:<https://CRAN.R-project.org/web/checks/check_results_lme4.html>

CRAN Web:<https://cran.r-project.org/package=lme4>

Please fix all problems and resubmit a fixed version via the webform.
If you are not sure how to fix the problems shown, please ask for help on the R-package-devel mailing list:
If you are fairly certain the rejection is a false positive, please reply-all to this message and explain.

More details are given in the directory:
<https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/lme4_1.1-26_20201122_184744/>
The files will be removed after roughly 7 days.

*** Strong rev. depends ***: afex agRee altmeta aods3 arm ARTool bapred bayesammi BayesLN BayesSenMC baystability BBRecapture BClustLonG BFpack blme blmeco BradleyTerry2 brokenstick buildmer cAIC4 car carcass cgam chngpt ciTools clickR climwin CLME clusteredinterference clusterPower CMatching cpr cvms DClusterm dfmeta DHARMa diagmeta difR doremi eda4treeR EdSurvey eefAnalytics effects eirm embed epr ESTER ez faraway faux fence finalfit fishmethods fullfact gamm4 geex GHap glmertree glmmEP GLMMRR glmmsr glmmTMB GLMpack gorica groupedstats gtheory gvcR HelpersMG HeritSeq hmi iccbeta IDmeasurer IMTest inferference influence.ME inti intRvals isni jlctree joineRmeta joineRML JointModel jomo jstable JWileymisc KenSyn latrend lefko3 lmem.qtler LMERConvenienceFunctions lmerTest lmSupport longpower LSAmitR macc MAGNAMWAR manymodelr MargCond marked mbest MDMR mediation MEMSS merDeriv merTools meta metamicrobiomeR metamisc metan metaplus Metatron micemd MiRKAT misty mixAK MixedPsy MixMAP MixRF
  MLID mlma mlmRev mlVAR MMeM multiDimBio multilevelTools MultiRR MultisiteMediation mumm mvMISE MXM nanny omics OptimClassifier packDAMipd pamm paramhetero PBImisc pbkrtest pcgen pedigreemm Phenotype phyr piecewiseSEM Plasmode PLmixed powerbydesign powerlmm predictmeans PrevMap prLogistic projpred psfmi ptmixed qape r2mlm raincin rbenvo Rcmdr refund reghelper regplot REndo reproducer rewie RLRsim robustBLME robustlmm rockchalk rosetta rpql rptR rr2 RRreg rsq rstanarm rstap rties RVAideMemoire RVFam sae semEff siland simr sjstats skpr SlaPMEG smicd SoyNAM SPCDAnalyze specr SPreFuGED squid stability standardize statgenGxE statgenSTA StroupGLMM structree supernova Surrogate surrosurv swissMrP TcGSA themetagenomics tidyBF tidygate tidyMicro tramME tukeytrend userfriendlyscience varTestnlme VCA VetResearchLMM warpMix WebPower welchADF WeMix

Best regards,
CRAN teams' auto-check service

Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: CRAN incoming feasibility, Result: NA
   Maintainer: 'Ben Bolker<bbolker+lme4 using gmail.com>'

Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: Overall checktime, Result: NOTE
   Overall checktime 18 min > 10 min

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: CRAN incoming feasibility, Result: Note_to_CRAN_maintainers
   Maintainer: 'Ben Bolker<bbolker+lme4 using gmail.com>'