[R-pkg-devel] Best practise in including third party code

Wed Nov 18 15:57:00 CET 2020

   I would recommend copying the snippet/minor function into your own
code, with attribution/citation (and, as a courtesy, e-mailing the
maintainer of the package to let them know).
   The only disadvantage I can think of in this approach is that you
won't automatically benefit from bug fixes or other improvements in
the upstream code.

  cheers
    Ben Bolker