[R-pkg-devel] Debugging library.dynam to include a manual shared object

Jon Davidson jond@v|d@on47 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 16 19:27:03 CET 2020

Hello,

I am trying to build an R package with a manually compiled .so file. To do
so, I have included a call to useDynLib() in my NAMESPACE file.

Building this works fine in RStudio with devtools::load_all('.'), but when
I try to run R CMD INSTALL, I get the error: package or namespace load
failed in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib): shared object
'filename.so' not found.

Is there any way I can debug library.dynam to see where it's looking for my
.so and why it can't find it? Thanks for your help!

Best,
Jon