[R-pkg-devel] Error in loadNamespace(x) : there is no package called 'formatR'

Gábor Csárdi c@@rd|@g@bor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Nov 13 16:31:11 CET 2020

>From WRE:

"Note that if, for example, a vignette has engine ‘knitr::rmarkdown’,
then knitr provides the engine but both knitr and rmarkdown are needed
for using it, so both these packages need to be in the
‘VignetteBuilder’ field and at least suggested (as rmarkdown is only
suggested by knitr, and hence not available automatically along with
it). Many packages using knitr also need the package formatR which it
suggests and so the user package needs to do so too and include this
in ‘VignetteBuilder’."

So I think you need

Suggests: knitr, rmarkdown, formatR
VignetteBuilder: knitr, rmarkdown, formatR