[R-pkg-devel] Strange error from CRAN on package submission

Kevin R. Coombes kev|n@r@coombe@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 11 17:33:38 CET 2020

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought of that idea last night, and tried
it with the latest submission of version 0.11.4 of Mercator. That
version is still in the submission queue waiting for manual inspection,
but it gave the same error message. (See
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/Mercator_0.11.4_20201111_014655/Debian/00check.log)

I think I may try to "Import" or "Depend" on flexmix to force it to be
available.

Is there some reason why my program should even need to know that
flexmix is suggested several layers down the dependency hierarchy? For
building and installing the package (or running R CMD check ---as-cran),
I tried on my machine when flexmix is not even installed, and got no
errors or warnings.

There is clearly something I don't understand about namespaces, and I'd
like to learn it to avoid this kind of situation in the future.

Best,
   Kevin