[R-pkg-devel] Error during automatic check for vignette re-building - The magick package is required to crop

Pablo Fonseca p|on@ec@ @end|ng |rom uogue|ph@c@
Thu Nov 5 17:27:46 CET 2020

Dear Duncan Murdoch,

Thank you for the quickly reply. Yes, the package is on Github. Any comment or suggestion will be very welcome.

https://github.com/pablobio/GALLO

Kind regards.

Pablo Augusto de Souza Fonseca, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Guelph
Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock
E pfonseca using uoguelph.ca  <mailto:pfonseca using uoguelph.ca>
W http://animalbiosciences.uoguelph.ca/abscpeople/pfonseca  <http://animalbiosciences.uoguelph.ca/abscpeople/pfonseca>
________________________________
From: Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan using gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2020 11:22 AM
To: Pablo Fonseca <pfonseca using uoguelph.ca>; r-package-devel using r-project.org <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-pkg-devel] Error during automatic check for vignette re-building - The magick package is required to crop

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the University of Guelph. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. If in doubt, forward suspicious emails to IThelp using uoguelph.ca

On 05/11/2020 10:55 a.m., Pablo Fonseca wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Currently I am trying to update my package (GALLO) with some small edits in the code. However, the package is not passing in the automatic check. I am getting only two warnings:
>
> The first one is a warning related with the maintainer email (my email in the case), which is correct. I really think that this is not the cause of the package failure during the automatic checking.

The first one is actually about your version number:  you called it
version 1.0, but CRAN already has 1.0.  You need to increase the number.

> The second warning is a problem during the vignette rebuilding. The warning is "The magick package is required to crop". In my first submission I didn't experience this error. In the recent submissions for updates, I included the magick package as a dependency of the package. However, this didn't fixed the issue. Additionally, I can't reproduce the errors in my machines, even when running R CMD check --as-cran. The error seems to be related with the lines 465-495 from the vignette. I double checked the code and introduced some small changes (such as reducing the figure dimensions).

I am not sure about this one; I'd need to look at the package to check.
Is it on Github?

Duncan Murdoch