[R-pkg-devel] Error during automatic check for vignette re-building - The magick package is required to crop

Thu Nov 5 17:22:42 CET 2020

On 05/11/2020 10:55 a.m., Pablo Fonseca wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Currently I am trying to update my package (GALLO) with some small edits in the code. However, the package is not passing in the automatic check. I am getting only two warnings:
>
> The first one is a warning related with the maintainer email (my email in the case), which is correct. I really think that this is not the cause of the package failure during the automatic checking.

The first one is actually about your version number:  you called it
version 1.0, but CRAN already has 1.0.  You need to increase the number.

> The second warning is a problem during the vignette rebuilding. The warning is "The magick package is required to crop". In my first submission I didn't experience this error. In the recent submissions for updates, I included the magick package as a dependency of the package. However, this didn't fixed the issue. Additionally, I can't reproduce the errors in my machines, even when running R CMD check --as-cran. The error seems to be related with the lines 465-495 from the vignette. I double checked the code and introduced some small changes (such as reducing the figure dimensions).

I am not sure about this one; I'd need to look at the package to check.
Is it on Github?

Duncan Murdoch