[R-pkg-devel] Licenses

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Fri Oct 23 15:31:34 CEST 2020

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Would you be willing to clarify/confirm the current situation regarding the hosting of non-FOSS packages on CRAN, such as those with ACM or Creative Commons license variants that have non-commercial use restrictions?

These are presently included in the license.db file.

Are these on CRAN now because they are acceptable under the current policy, or are they on CRAN now, as Duncan posited, because they were acceptable under older policies and it would be disruptive to remove them now?

Thanks,

Marc