[R-pkg-devel] Tracking down cause of UBSAN error

James Lamb j@y|@mb20 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Oct 16 06:57:09 CEST 2020

To add to Dirk's summary of the available options, you might find it useful
to borrow from the setup that we use to replicate CRAN's UBSAN checks on
GitHub Actions for {lightgbm}.

https://github.com/microsoft/LightGBM/blob/0c1c36cdbdf771a03c9ae0873eb28585e6c3d624/.github/workflows/r_package.yml#L162-L186

I was able to reproduce all of the specific issues in {lightgbm} that
showed up on CRAN's UBSAN checks with this setup, which uses the
rhub/rocker-gcc-san image. It should be easy enough to switch that to the
images from https://github.com/wch/r-debug if necessary.

Hope that it helps!

-James