[R-pkg-devel] How to remove rJava from Ecfun when it's not called directly or indirectly

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Sun Oct 11 05:56:41 CEST 2020

Hello, All:

	  "R CMD check Ecfun_0.2-4.tar.gz" fails under Windows 10 with "Error:
package or namespace load failed for 'Ecfun': .onLoad failed in
loadNamespace() for 'rJava'".

	  However, I cannot find where Ecfun calls rJava.  This is in:

https://github.com/sbgraves237/Ecfun

	  I get nothing from "grep 'rJava'" in the DESCRIPTION and NAMESPACE
files plus in the man and R subdirectories.  I ran
tools:package_dependencies recursively starting with Ecfun until I got
all NULLs and could not find rJava anywhere.

	  Thanks,
	  Spencer Graves

00install.out

* installing *source* package 'Ecfun' ...
** using staged installation
** R
** inst
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** installing vignettes
** testing if installed package can be loaded from temporary location
*** arch - i386
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'Ecfun':
  .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
   call: inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...)
   error: unable to load shared object 'C:/Program
Files/R/R-4.0.2/library/rJava/libs/i386/rJava.dll':
   LoadLibrary failure:  %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Error: loading failed
Execution halted
*** arch - x64
ERROR: loading failed for 'i386'
* removing 'C:/Users/spenc/Documents/R/Ecfun/Ecfun.Rcheck/Ecfun'

00check.log

* using log directory 'C:/Users/spenc/Documents/R/Ecfun/Ecfun.Rcheck'
* using R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22)
* using platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32 (64-bit)
* using session charset: ISO8859-1
* checking for file 'Ecfun/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'Ecfun' version '0.2-4'
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for executable files ... OK
* checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking whether package 'Ecfun' can be installed ... ERROR
Installation failed.
See 'C:/Users/spenc/Documents/R/Ecfun/Ecfun.Rcheck/00install.out' for
details.
* DONE