[R-pkg-devel] Static vignettes / bibtex warning in Debian

Candia, Julian (NIH/NCI) [E] ju||@n@c@nd|@ @end|ng |rom n|h@gov
Sat Oct 10 18:53:15 CEST 2020

Hello,

I’m trying to include a static vignette by embedding a pdf document in latex. The procedure is very simple and is discussed here: http://www.markvanderloo.eu/yaRb/2019/01/11/add-a-static-pdf-vignette-to-an-r-package
It essentially boils down to creating a .Rnw file with the following content:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pdfpages}
%\VignetteIndexEntry{author2019mypaper}

\begin{document}
\includepdf[pages=-, fitpaper=true]{mypaper.pdf}
\end{document}

I built and checked the package with no issues. However, upon uploading to CRAN, Debian generates 1 warning:

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: package dependencies, Result: WARNING
  Requires (indirectly) orphaned package: 'bibtex'

I don’t know how to go around this issue. Essentially: how to add a static (pdf) vignette to a package that will pass all CRAN checks?
Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Julián