[R-pkg-devel] CRAN Windows failure due to old pandoc ?

Thu Oct 1 14:14:48 CEST 2020

On 26 September 2020 at 14:42, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| On 26 September 2020 at 14:20, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
| | On 26/09/2020 12:54 p.m., Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| | Hmmm, that's strange.  From what I can see you only get the --lua-filter
| | if pandoc 2.0 is available:
| |
| | https://github.com/rstudio/rmarkdown/blob/66d27e09befd5f0579f0f4e27c4b9325284b9b15/R/pandoc.R#L719
| |
| | I think this is the current rmarkdown version.
|
| I was using a different document driver which may not make that check.
|
| In the meantime, I think I will just follow the usual advice 'stop doing that
| then' after complaining that it hurts and may just switch to a pdf vignette.

And with a little more, I convinced the maintainer of the markdown style in
question to adopt Duncan's suggested pandoc version fix offered by rmarkdown.

I never heard back from CRAN, neither via a direct message, nor here.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org