[R-pkg-devel] CRAN incoming checks email

David Kepplinger d@v|d@kepp||nger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Sep 13 21:22:19 CEST 2020

Dear List-Members:

The email from the automatic incoming checks says to "reply-all" in case
one suspects a false-positive, yet the reply-to header is set only to "
CRAN-submissions using r-project.org". My email program (just as myself)
interprets this as "reply-all means replying only to
CRAN-submissions using r-project.org". The wording in the email, on the other
hand, suggests I also should reply to Uwe Ligges. I find the current
disagreement of wording and email headers more than confusing.

Can someone clarify the correct protocol of replying to the email? I
wouldn't want to unnecessarily bother Uwe Ligges with even more emails.

Thanks,
David